quotes from David Livingstone

Dr. David Livingstone (1813-1873), was a Scottish doctor, missionary and explorer in Africa. His legacy and impact on missionary vision and sacrificial labor for Christ is still with us.

The following are quotes from him.

“I place no value on anything I have or may possess, except in relation to the kingdom of God. If anything will advance the interests of the kingdom, it shall be given away or kept, only as by giving or keeping it I shall most promote the glory of Him to whom I owe all my hopes in time or eternity."


 “God, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. And sever any tie in my heart except the tie that binds my heart to Yours.” 


“All that I am I owe to Jesus Christ, revealed to me in His divine Book.”


“There is one safe and happy place, and that is in the will of God.” 


“The best remedy for a sick church is to put it on a missionary diet.” 


 “I have found that I have no unusual endowments of intellect, but this day I resolve that I will be an uncommon Christian.”

Popular posts from this blog

Warning: Avoid William Barclay's Writings

Election and non-Calvinism – Assembly Leaders Thru History

The School of Manners - Rules for Children - 1701