What Is Your Concept of Jesus Christ?

If the "ten-cent-store Jesus" [today it would be "dollar-store"]that is being preached by a lot of men, the plastic, painted Christ who has no spine and no justice, and is pictured as a soft and pliable friend to everybody - if He is the only Christ there is, then we might as well close our books and bar our doors, and make a bakery or garage out of the church!
    But that Christ that is being preached and pictured is not the Christ of God, nor the Christ of the Bible, nor the Christ we must deal with.
    The Christ we must deal with will be the judge of mankind - and this is one of the neglected Bible doctrines of our day!
    The Father judges no man. When the Lord, the Son of Man, shall come in the clouds of glory, then shall be gathered unto Him the nations, and He shall separate them.
    God has given Him judgment, authority to judge mankind, so that He is both the Judge and Saviour of men.
    That makes me both love Him and fear Him! I love Him because He is mySaviour and I fear Him because He is my Judge.
    God Almighty is never going to judge the race of mankind and allow a mistake to enter. The judge must be one who has all wisdom. Therefore I appeal away from St. Paul; I appeal away from Moses and Elijah; I appeal away from all men because no man knows me well enough to judge me, finally! Only Jesus Christ qualifies as one who is able to be the judge of all mankind.

A.W. Tozer, from the book Renewed Day By Day, Christian Publications, Camp Hill, PA

Popular posts from this blog

Warning: Avoid William Barclay's Writings

Election and non-Calvinism – Assembly Leaders Thru History