10 REASONS WHY I NEVER WASH

1. I was made to wash as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites – they reckon they’re cleaner than other people.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I could never decide which one is right.
4. I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
5. I still wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I’m still young. When I’m older and have gotten a bit dirtier I might start washing.
8. I really don’t have time.
9. The bathroom’s never warm enough.
10. People who make soap are only after your money.


Don’t be daft! We all need to wash, and we know it. There’s no argument!

And we all need to be washed, cleansed from our sins, because, face it, our hearts and lives are contaminated with it. Christ said in Mark 7:20-23, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
    No soap and water, no religious ritual, prayers, works or philosophy can cleanse us from the stains of sin. Only Jesus Christ can do it, and to do that He suffered and died on the cross. He is described as the one “who loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood” (Revelation 1:5). So if you want to be clean on the inside, no more excuses, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
     
For my cleansing this I see—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
For my pardon this my plea—
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
 Nothing but the blood of Jesus.


 

Popular posts from this blog

Warning: Avoid William Barclay's Writings

Election and non-Calvinism – Assembly Leaders Thru History