ZION is not a political invention

 "... the LORD hath founded Zion"

Isaiah 14.32


The Temple Mount in Jerusalem, as it will be when the two mosques no longer occupy it


 "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion" (Psa 2:4-6)

"Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem" (Psa. 51:18)

 

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it...  His enemies will I clothe with shame: but upon himself shall his crown flourish" (Psa 132:13-14, 18)

 

"Blessed be the LORD out of Zion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem" (Psa. 135:21)

 

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem" (Isa. 2:2-3) 

 

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy. And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction. Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem. Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem" (Zec. 1:14-17) 

 

"Let them all be confounded and turned back 

that hate Zion"

  Psalm 129:5

Psalm 129:5 is an application of the promise that God made to Abraham and his descendents through Isaac and Jacob:

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee..." (Gen. 12:3)


Popular posts from this blog

Warning: Avoid William Barclay's Writings

Election and non-Calvinism – Assembly Leaders Thru History